PSYCHO-PEDAGOGICAL ADAPTATION OF FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS TO PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASSES IN HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
The article examines the process of psycho-pedagogical adaptation of first-year students to physical education classes in higher educational institutions. It represents the views of scientists on this problem. There are outlined the difficulties of adaptation process, which are the driving force of development, directs the professional development of personality in a constructive direction, ensures the successful implementation of educational and professional activities. The stages of adaptation of first-year students to physical education classes are suggested: beginners – urgent adaptation; basic – long-term adaptation. The long-term adaptation stages are allocated. In this context, adaptation is seen as an element of the factors which have single acttion on the body and enhance physical, psychological and mental activity of those who are involved. The research stresses the importance of freshmen’ physical activity planning as subjects of physical education in high school. We believe that a harmonious flow of these processes can optimize university educational environment, insure quality of national education and attitude to individual professional development as the highest value of society.
Keywords: adaptation, urgent adaptation, long-term adaptation, physical training, first-year students, disadaptation processes, educational process.
1. Bozadzhiev V. L. Aksiologicheskii podkhod kak faktor adaptatsii studentov k obucheniyu v vuze [Axiological approach as a factor of adaptation of students to training in higher education institution], Chelyabinsk, 2002. 134 p.
2. Gaponova S. A. Osobennosti adaptatsii studentov vuzov v protsesse obucheniya [Features of adaptation of students of higher education institutions in the course of training], Psikhologicheskii zhurnal, 1994, Vol. 3, pp. 9–12.
3. Meerson F. Z. Adaptatsiya, stress i profilaktika [Adaptation, stress and prevention], Moscow, Nauka, 1981. 278 p.
4. Platonov V. N. Adaptatsiya v sporte [Adaptation in sport], Kyiv, Zdorov’ya, 1988. 216 p.
5. Psikhologicheskoe obespechenie professional’noi deyatel’nosti, teoriya i praktika [Psychological ensuring professional activity, theory and practice], pod red. prof. G. S. Nikiforova, SPb.: Rech’, 2010, 816 p.
6. Korol’chuk M. S. , Kraynyuk V. M. , Kosenko A. F. , Kocherhina T. I. Psykholohichne zabezpechennya psykhichnoho i fizychnoho zdorov’ya, navchal’nyy posibnyk [Psychological support mental and physical health], Kyiv, INKOS, 2002. 272 p.
7. Rudestam K. Gruppovaya psikhoterapiya [Group psychotherapy], St. Petersburg, Piter, 1998. 373 p.
8. Tokareva G. F. Struktura sotsial’no-professional’noi adaptatsii studentov v vuze [Structure of social and professional adaptation of students in higher education institution]. Ob”edinennyi zhurnal, 2005, vol. 27, pp. 25–30.